- 3150 BCE, Egypt's civilization as old as Mesopotamia, but in more fertile area. Led to lifestyle of luxuries and leisure. Eventually life after death and preserving it dominated. Led to mummification and tombs. Time of Old Kingdom and all-powerful Pharaohs. Built Great Pyramid of Giza, which is only ancient wonder still existing.
- At one point, Hyksos, or foreign kings, invade from beyond the mountains. Initiated 200-year Egyptian Dark Age. After Hyksos forced out, Egyptians enslave Semitic people, including tribes of Israel. Were considered travelers of the invaders.
- 1370 BCE, Pharaoh Amenhotep IV and Queen Nefertiti announce one God Aton, the Sun's Disc, initiating Sun-Worship. King Tut ruled after his father's death, but died a teenager.
- Egypt and Hittites war for expansion until...
- 1290 BCE, Ramses the Great gains a treaty. When he dies, Egypt turns within
- 900 BCE - CE 395, Egypt falls to foreign rulers Assyria, then Persia, then Greece, and finally Rome.