- 1400 BC, With Canaan in control by the Israelites, tensions mounted with locals. Since kings were not favored and no central government, those with great judgment were sought to lead in times of crisis. These were the Judges.
- 1200 BC, during the Trojan War in Greece, a group of tribes, the Philistines, take to the sea and end up in Canaan fighting the Israelites.
- In one battle, Israelites bring the Ark of the Covenant to use their God's help, but the Philistines end up with it. They suffered health problems and other misfortunes, and believed they offended the Israelites God, so sent the Ark back.
- 1056 BC, Samuel, the last Judge, comes to power in Israel. He leads his people to victory over the Philistines, and asked to be first king of Israel. He chooses...
- Saul, who rules from 1047-1007 BC